Sunday, March 6, 2011

143 days.

this is the number of days left until me + 4 of my favorite women in my family leave for a life-long awaited trip to italy. we have been literally begging my nonna [grandmother] to take us to italy + show us her hometown.   and finally, she has caved. 
in 143 days we will be on our way back to the place where it all started.


this is roseto valfortore. nonna's hometown. 

a little background. my nonna + poppop met in italy as i've shared in a previous post.
they were married when my nonna was 17 in a 3 ring ceremony including my nonna, her sister & her best friend.  after the ceremony there was an elaborate procession throughout the streets of the town that people came out of the woodwork for - so fabulous & dramatic. i love it!


my grandparents & his brother.

the gang. my nonna is top left.  




i am beyond excited for this trip & there are 
no other 4 women i'd rather be going with!





1 comment:

  1. am busting at the seams with excitement too-one of the lucky 5!!!! Italy will never be the same once we have all gone together!

    ReplyDelete