Saturday, February 12, 2011

reception details

it's all in the details. 
i am a strong believer of that. 
i absolutely LOATHE when venues or 
restaurants disregard the little things ... 
like wrinkled table linens or no music, or poor lighting.   
these are all simple details that will 
make someone's experience so much better,
 whether they realize it or not. 
continuing on with the project to start all projects.... 
i wanted to give you taste of the 
personal touches + details that we put into 
our reception that made it all our own... 


we handmade our placecards + holders out 


of hundreds of used wine corks -with TONS of help
 from my bridesmaids. and we presented 
them over a candlelit table of all of our grandparents 
old love letters + pictures.  [more below]






























i made the table numbers in a similar way
to our placecards, using used wine corks.
my husband + i love wine, plus my family
 makes their own, so we thought it'd be a 
perfect personal touch.






























these are some closeups of our placecard table. 
the top is a picture of my father's parents + poems,
and below are letters between my other set of grandparents. 
most of them are in italian. 
my mother's parents began their courtship during

his 4 years of service in the air force. 
he wrote her for 13 months while she lived in italy.
how romantic is that!?





the above 4  photographs courtesy of alisonconklin.com





















this is one of my favorites: my pop-pop wrote in the corner of the envelope, "fly-it please-hurry" 
xoxo

1 comment: